Welcome to Kremnica
Kremnica is commonly attributed as golden. The coins minted in the past supported many rulers. The historical picture of Kremnica is made of the mosaic of stories hidden in every street and house...
It comprises of a complex of buildings from the 14th - 15th century and is protected by the double fortifications which are linked with one of the best preserved town walls in Slovakia.Read more
Skalka relax centrum
Prepared to serve to professional and also recreational sportsmen all year round. The most popular and most visited part of the facility is wellness, which allows to regenerate your body after more or less intensive training.Read more
The international show of polite humour, independent satire and cheerful recession of the old tradition (1981) takes place here every year in the end of August.Read more
It was documented for the first time in 1390. It is situated in narrow valley on both sides of Rudnický brook, under Cliff Jastrabská. It is 8km south of Kremnica. When this agriculture settlement became the property of archbishopric of Esztergom, it was called Bartoslevka (Barthoslhotha) in 1487. Gothic St. John Nepomucký Church from 15th century was surrounded by the wall. The church was reconstructed in baroque style in 1732. Prismatic stone pillar with late baroque sculpture of St. John Nepomucký from 1783 is located near the main road. Baroque chapel with sculpture from the middle of 18th century is also significant monument. Parts of ventilation shaft of Main Hereditary Tunnel were preserved south of the village. Minnow row built-up area is typical architecture for Bartošova Lehôtka. Brick houses with thatch roof and wooden gables from 19th century were preserved. Farm buildings are made of logs with stone foundation. Remarkable evidence of folk architecture is protected monument of three-room farm house from 1783. It has got thatch roof, wooden gallery and purple-blue window jambs.Surrounding provides good conditions for active rest in nature. An impressive rhyolite cliff – Cliff Jastrabská rises south of the village. You can get to it along yellow marked trail.
The village is situated in Jastrabská Highlands, 7km south of Kremnica. It lies at the confluence of Rudnica and Švábsky brook. It was documented for the first time in 1429, when the community property of the settlement (Schwabendorf) together with Horná Ves, Lúčky and Kunešov was transferred from the Royal Chamber to the town property of Kremnica. Later it was documented as Sswáby (1808), Šváb (1920), Dolná Ves (1948). Its inhabitants were mainly engaged in agriculture. They also worked in forests and mines. Roman Catholic Virgin Mary Church from the beginning of 19th century, built in neoclassical style belongs among significant monuments.
Kremnica had raw material base for manufactory of ceramics near Dolná Ves. Bricks with emblem of Kremnica municipality were manufactured in local brickyard.
It was documented for the first time in 1382 as Vindisdorf or villa Sclauorum – Slovenská Ves (in 1442 name Windischdorf was documented, in 1808 Horniwes). The village is situated in picturesque environment of Kremnica Mountains. It lies at the confluence of Lúčanský brook and Rudnica, 6km south of Kremnica. It became property of Kremnica together with surrounding villages in 1429. John Hunyady had his headquarters here, when he dragged against John Jiskra in 1451. Inhabitants ensured livelihoods with casual work during mining and gold-silver ore processing, work in forests and taking wood down. Monument to past mining is preserved mouth of the Second Hereditary Tunnel (1519 – 1613), which drained Kremnické Bane and mines below Calvary (page 68). Protected monument – baroque Plague Column with sculpture of St. Trinity is located in the village center, next to fire station. The column was moved to Horná Ves from Kremnica in 1776.
Ihráč is situated in eastern part of Kremnica Mountains, in narrow valley of Ihráčsky brook. It is 16km south-east of Kremnica. The village was documented for the first time in 1388 (it was called Graach), when it was the property of Castle Estate Šášov. It went into administration of Chamber of Mines in 1678. It is said, that original residence was situated lower by Hron. Inhabitants worked as farmers, lumberjacks, charcoal burners or manufactured shingles. Trachyte tuff and other minerals were mined in its area. Several columns by road, situated along spread village, are monument to the old times. The village is so destined for recreational and sport use. Marked trails for tourists and cyclo-tourists pass through the village. You can get to chalet Hostinec, Skalka, Chlm, Poľana, on Cliff Jastrabská and to surrounding villages.
Natural monument, Ihráč Stone Sea, is situated in southern periphery of Ihráč area. Protected matter is crumbling sopuch, which is a relic of natural lava channel. Crumbling of lava channel formed stone cliffs system. Disintegrated rubble formed stone sea at the foot.
There is a recreational facility with pond just 4km away from the village.
The village is situated in south-west part of Kremnica Mountains, below Cliff Jastrabská, 12km from Kremnica. The village was documented for the first time in 1487. Its inhabitants worked as farmers, lumberjacks, charcoal burners or manufactured shingles. The most significant monument in the village is early gothic St. Michael Church from the end of 13th century, which was reconstructed in baroque style in 17th- 18th century. Valued are late Renaissance side altars and the bell from Gothic period. There is a column by road in the upper part of the village and neo-baroque chapel by road in the lower part.
Except cultural-historical sights, natural values of the village, situated in picturesque country, are also attraction for tourists. Extremely attractive is natural monument Cliff Jastrabská. It affects vast surrounding by its landscape-aesthetic value. It is situated in cadastral area of Jastrabá and Bartošova Lehôtka. It is a dominant peak of volcanic origin in southern part of Kremnica Mountains. It is characterized by a vertical stone wall from western side, which on the base of the wall passes into rubble. It is impressively completed by old preserved oaks in its top part.
German lumberjacks and charcoal burners founded village that lies in narrow valley of Kopernica brook, 8km south-west of Kremnica. Originally German settlement (Deutsche Litta) was documented for the first time in 1349. In the center of the long village, there is originally gothic one vessel Roman Catholic St. Martin Church from 1349.
Nearby the church there is Monastery of Poor Clares Series in Slovakia, dedicated to the Immaculate Heart of Virgin Mary. It offers accommodation in Contemplative Monastery guestrooms or in Holy Family House to families, seculars, consecrated and also different communities. It also offers participation in the prayer life. Modern pastoral room serves on cultural and educational activities.
This distinctive mountain village, originally German settlement of lumberjacks, charcoal burners and miners, is situated at the foot of Kremnica Mountains, 8km north of Kremnica. It is the highest located village (880m altitude) in the whole region. In 1331 it was mentioned for the first time, in document about locator Henrich Blaufuss. The first documented reference about settlement Plaufusz is from 1442 (later Blajfus, Blaufuss). It belonged to Kremnica like other surrounding settlements. In 1920 it was mentioned as Krahule, together with name used that time. It has got its present name since 1946, when most German inhabitants were displaced after liberation. Krahule had common sanctuary – St. John Church in imaginary center of Europe together with surrounding villages. Its inhabitants built their own church later, in the north-west village end. Baroque-classicist Roman Catholic St. John Nepomucky Church was consecrated in 1806. Except the church, there are several monuments of folk architecture, mining houses and economic structures registered in the central list of Monuments Fund, thanks to their historical, architectural and urban values. The village is characteristic by one storey log houses. Chain built-up area is typical for Krahule. Sort of Kremnica houses from 18th and 19th century were preserved here until today. They have got narrow transient hall in the middle and separate dwelling-units situated in corners.
The village was center of lace-making like Kremnické Bane. At present, Krahule is an important center of tourism with all year use. Thanks to its location in northern part of Kremnica Mountains and altitude (the highest point of the area 1184m), it has got ideal conditions for winter sports, mainly downhill skiing. During rest of year, tourists can use number of marked trails and cycle trails, relax in surrounding nature and experience the atmosphere of old mining settlement.
This old mining village is situated in the pass between Pohronie and Turiec, in northern part of Kremnica Mountains. For the first time, it was mentioned in documents as Villa Johannis in 1361, when was settled by Kremnica inhabitants. The town repurchased the village from Chamber of Mines in 1429. It became its settlement. Long time before that, significant mining structures existed there in its area. Evidence of famous mining past of Kremnické Bane is represented by several preserved structures that belong among the most significant in the region. Sightseeing was part of programme of valued visits of Francis of Tuscany and Joseph II, except some others. Its inhabitants worked as miners and sawyers from the very beginning. Women asset to family livelihood was bobbin lace making. State lace-making workshop was founded here in 1893. It managed trainings of bobbin lace making techniques and sales of lace. Tradition of bobbin lace making with earning disappeared after World War II.Two-storey log houses from 18th century with arcade gallery and hipped shingle roof were preserved in the village. It was declared as monument. National cultural monument, gothic St. John the Baptist Church from the first half of 14th century, is situated north-east of the village center. Originally, it served also to surrounding villages. The church is surrounded by cemetery and stony wall with two gateways.
It is situated in western part of Kremnica Mountains on Kunešov Plain, in spring area of Kopernica brook. The first documented reference of this originally German settlement is from 1342 as Villa ad Sanctum Michaelem (later Kwneschaw, in 1927 Kunešov, in German Kuneschhau). It belonged to Chamber of Mines. Kremnica repurchased it in 1429. Turks attacked Kunešov in 1628 and dragged away its residents. Its inhabitants worked as miners and sawyers from the very beginning. Farmers farmed on large deforested territory. Lace-making had long tradition in the village. Kunešov became famous as center of folk wood carving with wood carving of toys, bethlehems and wooden sculptures.
This old mining German village, which is situated at the foot of Jarabica Hill and west of Kremnica, was documented for the first time in 1429, when Kremnica bought it from Chamber of Mines. It was called Hannushaw that time. Late gothic St. Nicholas Church from 1487 is evidence of the village’s medieval origin and significant cultural-historical monument. It is enclosed by brick fence. Valued gothic winged altars were moved from the church to Budapest. There are remarkable cast iron crosses from 19th - 20th century in cemetery. Rectory from 1810 and Lutheran Church from 1823 were built in neoclassical style. Baroque Pieta and neo-gothic chapel nearby road from 19th century belong among the village significant monuments. Surrounding nature, which provides variety of active relaxation, is also temptation for tourists.
This picturesque mountain village is situated 6km south-east of Kremnica. It lies on sunny southern slopes of Kremnica Mountains. , on the ridge between Biely brook and Švábsky brook. It is protected by Kremnický Peak from the north. Originally, it belonged to archbishopric of Esztergom. The village was called Newolka or Newolna, when it was documented for the first time in 1487. Inhabitants worked as farmers, charcoal burners. They manufactured wooden tools, wove canvas, cloth and carpets or embroidered. Nevoľné is attractive mainly for people from bussy cities today, who like to spend their leisure time at cottage, in peaceful environment. It is also a good place for young people, who have a sense of preservation of traditional values and bring new trends of social life at the same time. Beautiful nature is a temptation also for fitter tourists and cyclo-tourists. According to tourists routes, it is possible to get to chalet Hostinec, Skalka, Chlm, Poľana, to natural monument Cliff Jastrabská, or to nature reserve Kremnický Štós.
The village is situated in southern part of Kremnica Mountains, in valley of Kremnický brook. The area is bordered by river Hron and Štiavnica Mountains in the south. The village was documented for the first time in 1442 as Okermecz (in 1773 it was documented as Stara Kremniczka, in German Alt-Kremnitz).In 1487, it belonged to archbishopric of Esztergom as toll station. Inhabitants worked in agriculture and carriage (there was a brewery in 1715). Spindle-shaped built-up area is traditional for the village. Brick three-room houses with saddleback roof and wooden gables from 19th century were preserved. There is also Roman Catholic St. Imre Church from 1890.